Last updated: 2020-10-29
We provide family owned and operated Canadian business solutions for all your chess needs in the Greater Vancouver, British Columbia area. Our activity is coordinated by:
- Valer Eugen Demian (FIDE CM, FIDE Instructor, ICCF International Master)
Eugen has been playing chess officially since 1974 while he was in grade 4. He has hands-on experience gained on 2 continents: Europe and North America. His teaching and coaching experience with kids and juniors (between 6 to 18 years old) began back in 1994 and continues going on strong ever since.
- Stefan Trandafir (FIDE rated player)
Stefan is a former club player in the top 3 all times. His passion for chess continues strong and complements perfectly his love for mathematics. He is a Masters student at SFU, working on his Ph. D. thesis
- Felicia Costea-Demian (Human Resources and Event Coodinator)
Felicia is an experienced event coordinator for large events up to 100,000 people such as "Show and Shine, New Westminster", the annual "Romanian festival" and various multicultural festivals around Lower Mainland, BC.
Over the years we have been blessed to work together with special people, as well as to be able to grow our own instructors from the most talented students. Their contribution will always be remembered.
"Once a Golden Knight, always a Golden Knight!"
- 2016-2017 Anysia Andrisoaia - level 1
- 2009-2010 Dawayne Wurtz (Burnaby Junior Chess Club) - level 1
- 2007-2008 Ken Jensen (Sprott Shaw Community College, Surrey location) - levels 1-2
- 2006-2007 Alexandra Botez (FIDE WCM) - levels 1-2
- 2002-2007 Andrei Botez - levels 1-3